Skip to main content

OSHIOMHOLE BREAKS HIS SILENCE, says his position has not changed

 My Position Has Not Changed




By Adams Oshiomhole


In reporting the legal action taken by a member of the dissolved National Working  Committee (NWC) of the All Progressives Congress (APC), some attributions have been made to the effect that plaintiff is an “ally of Oshiomhole” or an “associate of Oshiomhole.”

The court documents are clear on who is the plaintiff.

For the avoidance of doubt, the 21-member NWC under my leadership largely worked cohesively and harmoniously. The only exceptions were those of the three members used by forces desperate to take control of the party. They contrived a crisis and abused the judicial process to undermine the constitution and integrity of the party.

The majority of 18 members worked as a  team and not as allies or loyalists of any body.

When the  National Executive Committee (NEC) in its wisdom dissolved the NWC, I immediately announced publicly that I accepted the decision, regardless of its illegality or otherwise,  as it affected my position as national chairman. 

I was the only one at the press conference where I made the  announcement for personal reasons. The reason, of course, was that some of my colleagues in the dissolved NWC  obviously didn’t share my position not to contest the dissolution in court. I can only  accept responsibility for my own decision.

Subsequently, I instructed  my lawyers to withdraw the suits challenging my purported suspension from office by the proxies  of those bent on removing me as chairman. 

It is, therefore, the height of mischief  to insinuate, as it is being done in some quarters, that I would publicly accept the decision and later surreptitiously seek to contest it in court.

That chapter of my political life is closed. Even if another NEC decision or a court order reverses the dissolution, with utmost humility I will decline to return as APC chairman.

I am proud of the accomplishments of the NWC under my leadership and I am grateful to the principled 18 members who worked as a  team committed to the cause of the party.

Above all, I bear no grudges against any one for the manner of my removal. 

Instead, I  am grateful and loyal to President Muhammadu Buhari  who encouraged me to contest the chairmanship of the party. 

I am  also very much appreciative of the  support of President Buhari who encouraged me to assert the authority of the party without fear or favour.

Indeed, I would not have lasted as long as I did as  national chairman but for the President’s and support for me.

I will continue to support his administration to succeed in serving the common  good 

of the people of Nigeria.


*Adams Oshiomhole CON, mni*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EDO 2024 GUBER: NANS Stakeholders Endorsed Edoror

 EDO 2024 GUBER: NANS Stakeholders Endorsed Edoror By: Our Correspondent As Edo state prepares for the 2024 governorship election, the Stakeholders of the National Association of Nigeria Students, NANS, in a special meeting in Abuja on Friday, the 1st of December 2023 endorsed Rt. Hon. Comrade Engr. Victor Sabor Edoror aka Owdoolamper for Edo State Governor. In their resolution, they vowed to relocate to Edo State to ensure that all students in all Edo tertiary institutions which includes Universities, Polytechnics, Colleges of Educations, nursing schools and monotechnics vote for Rt. Hon. Edoror. They commended Edoror for the show of love to the NANS Academy while he was the Speaker of Edo State House of Assembly, EDHA.  The stakeholders of NANS, in their resolution, went further to hail him for making the organisation proud, in view of his integrity, and  decision to stand solidly for democracy in Edo state, as he took the noble decision alongside other integrity group, the 'Edo

Edo 2024 Guber: Uhomoibhi Meets Esan Enigie, Declares Intention to Contest

Edo 2024 Guber :  Uhomoibhi Meets Esan Enigie, Declares Intention to Contest By: Oriaifoh Godwins Ambassador Professor Martin Ihoeghian Uhomoibhi, on Wednesday, 28th December 2023, was received by the Enigie of Esanland who all converged at the Palace of the Onojie of Ewatto, in Esan South East local government area of Edo state, the hometown of the Ambassador. Ambassador Uhomoibhi, who spoke all through to the traditional rulers in Esan language, comically apologized  that, he is communicating to them in Esan language, because he has no funds to pay an interpreter if he is to speak in English language. He reeled out his academic records that climaxed at the Saint Anthony College in Oxford University, United Kingdom, where he obtained his doctorate degree at the age of 27. Ambassador Uhomoibhi, the most outstanding governorship aspirant, for the 2024 Edo Guber, also revealed to the traditional rulers that, he was the Undersecretary General of the United Nations who oversaw the stabiliz

2024 EDO GUBER: ... to be indifferent, is dangerous -Oduma warns

 2024 EDO GUBER: ... to be indifferent, is dangerous  -Oduma warns By: Oriaifoh Godwins The people, and electorates of Edo state has been called upon to join in changing the ugly narrative that is currently putting Edo state in the rear seat in terms of growth and development amongst the comity of progressing states in Nigeria.  The All Progressives Congress, APC, Assistant Deputy Director for Mobilisation, in Edo central Senatorial district, Hon. Chief Robert Okoinemen, aka the Oduma of the universe, made this call recently while speaking with a team of Journalists in Uromi, Esan North East local government area of Edo state. Speaking, Chief Okoinemen, who lamented that many Edo people, including those that  supported governor Godwin Obaseki's second tenure election, are all regretting today. He said; "myself and a couple of other people warned us on the devastating implications of giving Obaseki a second chance, but people turned deaf ears to our warnings" " Myself